WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A FLEET MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Filed under: GPS Tracking
“The world has become smaller” – an adage that has stood the test of time and will remain relevant long after we are gone. The question that arises out of this quote is what lead to this phenomenon. In simple words, the answer to this lies in all means of transportation starting from a simple bullock cart all the way to the more sophisticated means of transportation such as cars, trucks, ships, and aeroplanes. The world is not just smaller but also much more connected than ever. We no longer live in silos and need each other not just to stay alive but to progress and evolve as a civilisation. Businesses are no more limited to specific geographies or political boundaries. Companies no more cater to the needs of just one set of customers. Goods, services, and business expertise are exchanged which transcends any man-made barrier. The world is one large stage for all business entities to go out and explore opportunities.
What binds all of these together is the exchange of goods and products through the usage of commercial vehicles, more commonly known as fleets in the business world. A fleet in simple words means a collection of various commercial vehicles used to transport goods from one location to another; this could be within a state, a country, or between countries. Managing these vehicles to ensure it reaches their destination safely and on time is what we call a fleet management system. The overall objective of this function is quite simple; to deliver the goods safely to their intended destination. How it is done is quite another discussion.
Fleet management is performed by attaching an array of GPS-enabled devices along with sensors and other functional parts which monitors the vehicle for a wide range of applications. This device is connected remotely to a server through a network of satellites and telecommunication channels. This allows us to monitor, control, and supervise the entire fleet until the task is completed. Listed below are the benefits of using a fleet management system:
- Remote management: You can control the entire set-up remotely without moving an inch. This saves much time, effort, and money.
- Improve performance: The vehicle is attached with a wide array of sensors which allows the user to monitor the vehicle entirely for any issues and fix it before it gets any worse.
- Improved safety: The fleet management software can monitor the behaviour of the driver which ensures they are less prone to mistakes and accidents.
- Efficient routing: The GPS helps the crew in plotting routes which are shorter and in better condition.
- Reduced cost: Better management of vehicles means lesser maintenance runs which in turn converts into better savings.
- Automated report to customers and users: Integrated software in the vehicle provides generic and specific reports to both users and customers based on their needs.
- Prevention of fraud: One of the biggest challenges of fleet management is fraud prevention. Having a fleet management system onboard means it can monitor anomalies and provide data-driven analysis to its users.
This list sums up the overall benefits of using fleet management software in companies which are involved in logistics. Yet, the best way to truly achieve success in this line of work is to onboard people with a shared vision. Afterall, technological barriers can be bypassed with a little effort and ingenuity but never your drive, passion and sense of honour.
Related Links : https://www.sensel.in/fleet-management-vehicle-tracking-system/