With the rapid expansion of business activities in the country over the recent decades, the demand for commercial vehicle GPS trackers has also increased considerably. Although GPS tracking devices are not new to the Indian market, their application has seen a rapid rise only in the last decade owing to increased modernisation and industrialisation of the economy.
So, what is a commercial vehicle GPS tracker?
To put it simply, it is the same as any GPS tracker we find around us except that they may have more functions/capabilities and have better build to withstand rough handling. The fundamental purpose of this variant is the same as any rudimentary GPS tracker; to identify the location and transmit it to the user. The question we need to ask is “what more can it do?”
Having said that, let’s focus on what makes it different and why it is called the “commercial” variant.
- Better connectivity: This variant can use multiple connections such as satellite, internet, and telecommunications. This ensures the device is connected no matter where you are in any part of the globe.
- Build: The commercial model is built with high-quality polymer and metal components which keep the core safe from drops and blunt force while it remains operational under any condition.
- Sensors and other control devices: Many of these GPS trackers come with added technology that allows the device to have control over the vehicle. It can also gauge the overall condition of the vehicle and record its performance during a trip for future reference.
- Voice and visual connectivity: With the help of wireless connectivity, users can also be connected to the crew 24/7 to supervise their trip and help them with anything that may arise unexpectedly such as bad weather, roadblocks and so forth.
- Real-time updates and notifications: The GPS device can update and reconfigure itself remotely and can also relay notification and location updates in real-time. This is particularly useful for businesses that work in logistics.
That being said, finding the “best commercial vehicle GPS tracker” in the market is not just about the manufacturer’s technological capabilities but their ability to create custom solutions for their client’s unique needs on a commercial scale which requires more investment in every conceivable form on part of the provider.Sensel Telematics has single-handedly changed the business landscape in India for the last 15-plus years by sticking to its commitment and vision to help boost business through operational excellence and innovation. We are one of the most renowned manufacturers of GPS trackers in India with a wide portfolio of services to offer to clients from every walk of life. Our team of technology-obsessed individuals make sure each of our offerings meets the highest levels of quality parameters while dispensing world-class service every time. Our production facilities are ISO 9001:2000, and ISO/TS 16949:2009 certified while our hardware has various certifications from IP66, SAE J 1455, MIL 202, and ARAI. This not only cements our reputation as a quality-driven company but also a company that creates fertile grounds for innovation and research.